Monday, April 27, 2009

Whats up??? The Tempeture!!!

Dang it got hot. In a freagin hurry too. At the early part of last week (on our way home from Boston) it was 40 something degrees. By fiday it was close to 80 and was 86 yesterday...ouch! This weekend was my first taste of racing for the '09 season. I'm happy with my effort. i bridged up to the break away which took roughly 2 1/2 miles to do...by myself. After 10 to 12 miles Paul Martin and Sean Adams bridged up to us. I knew I was in trouble when Paul took a pull at 37 mph near the church....I hung in there for about 5 miles before my legs cried uncle and said its better to live to ride another day. I'm happy with how hard I was able to go, knowing everyone else already has race milage in. Good signs!
I want to wish Rudy a fast recovery from his crash at RATL. He has a broken bone in his forearm and one in his wrist. We'll miss him on the road and will be looking forward to his return to the peloton.

No comments: