Thursday, November 20, 2008

...a dish best served cold.

Chuck Norris does not own a stove, oven, or microwave , because revenge is a dish best served cold.
I was surfing the web this morning and I came across all these crazy Chuck Norris sayings. They're freaking too funny. I just liked this one about revenge. I'm always looking for a a new form of motivation. I once had a year I called "year of the kill Dave". I was PO'd at this guy and I was devoted to crushing him in every race I could. It led to me having a great season. I won 3 straight road races and had a crazy amount of top 5 finishes including a a second place in a 6hr mountain bike race.
Since I have no one I wish to go Chuck Norris on next season, perhaps revenge on the Caesar's Ghost will have to be motivation enough. I may or not actually race there in '09, but I can pounce on every race like it was my last and take out my eggression on all the others. Perhaps I can make up for it in quantity rather than actually racing on that specific course.
I use to have unlimited confidence in my riding ability. But not so much any more. Its amazing what you can do on a bike when you're in a zone and peak condition. One of the things I need to "minus" this winter is about 15 pounds. It sucks to get old. Can I find motivation there? But there is my problem, ice cream, like revenge, is also a dish best served cold. That's a weakness! Shhh...don't tell anyone!
So here's to a year with out a true motivation. maybe I'll find one beyond just wanting to be faster over all.

I also had to share this video...

No comments: